What is TurmeriGuard?
100% pure and natural, TurmeriGuard is a concentrated turmeric powder. Turmeric, obtained from the rhizome (underground stem) of the plant, Curcuma longa, contains compounds called curcuminoids, the most important being curcumin. Curcumin has many beneficial effects that are outlined below. Whereas the average turmeric powder has a curcumin content of 3%, the concentration of curcumin in the turmeric powder in TurmeriGuard is 95%.
- TurmeriGuard is a convenient and easy to use powder that you add to your pet's food.
The benefits of curcumin
- Curcumin has anti-inflammatory activity. It inhibits the production of chemicals in the body called cytokines that promote inflammation. It is used to treat inflammatory diseases, particularly osteoarthritis (an inflammatory disease of the joint) and inflammatory skin conditions.
- Curcumin is also a potent antioxidant. Among other factors, the disease process in osteoarthritis involves the accumulation of damaging free radicals within cells because the mechanisms for eliminating them become overloaded. The antioxidant activity of curcumin protects the cells and tissues of the joint (as well as other tissues of the body) from the damaging effects of these free radicals.
Further, curcumin is an immunomodulatory agent that supports a healthy immune system.
- Other beneficial effects of curcumin have also been reported. These include protection of the liver from toxic compounds, protective effects on the cardiovascular and gastrointestinal systems, inhibition of platelet aggregation (clot formation), inhibition of cancer development and antimicrobial effects.
The bioavailability of curcumin
TurmeriGuard contains optimal levels of medium chain triglycerides and piperine to enhance the bioavailability of curcumin. Bioavailability refers to the levels of a compound in the tissues of the body (where the compound exerts its beneficial effects) relative to the given dose (amount ingested for an orally-administered compound). So if the bioavailability of a compound is increased, the levels of the compound in tissues are increased. Generally, the higher the level of the compound in a tissue, the greater the compound's beneficial effect.
The safety of TurmeriGuard
- TurmeriGuard powder is laboratory tested and of the highest quality, providing you safety and peace of mind.
- TurmeriGuard is a natural, effective alternative to the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and is not associated with the side effects of these drugs. It may be used together with these drugs.
When to give TurmeriGuard
- Give TurmeriGuard to maintain optimal overall health of your pet, particularly of the immune, cardiovascular and gastrointestinal systems.
- TurmeriGuard is a cost-effective, natural, unique, premium supplement which assists in keeping your dog and/or cat healthy, flexible, mobile and pain free for a more comfortable life.
Prevention is better than cure!