IMAX GOLD (Ivermectin & Praziquantel) Liquid has been formulated for administration by oral drench or stomach tube (nasogastric intubation). One low-volume dose is effective against important internal parasites, including tapeworms and the arterial stages of Strongylus vulgaris, and bots.
Ivermectin is derived from the avermectins, a family of potent, broad-spectrum antiparasitic agents, which are isolated from fermentation of Streptomyces avermitilis. Praziquantel is indicated for the treatment of tapeworms (Anoplocephala perfoliata, Anoplocephala magna, Paranoplecephala mammillana (adults, immature, heads and segments.)
When used at the recommended dose level, IMAX GOLD controls the following:
- Tapeworms: Anoplocephala perfoliata, Anoplocephala magna, Paranoplocephala mammillana (adults, immature, heads and segments).
- Large Strongyles: Strongylus vulgaris (adult and arterial larval stages), Strongylus edentatus (adults and tissue stages), Strongylus equinus (adults) and Tridontophorus spp. (adults) and Craterostomum acuticaudatum (adults).
- Small Strongyles: Including benzimidazole resistant strains of adult and immature: Cyathostomum spp. (adults) and Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp. Cylicodontophorus spp., Gyalocephalus spp., Coronocyclus spp., Parapoteriostomum spp., Petrovinema spp. and Poteriostomum spp
- Pinworms: Oxyuris equi (adult and immature).
- Ascarids: Parascaris equorum (adult and immature).
- Hairworms: Trichostrongylus axei (adult).
- Large Mouth Stomach Worms: Habronema muscae (adult).
- Neck Threadworms: Onchocerca spp. (microfilariae).
- Bots: Gasterophilus spp. (oral and gastric stages).
- Lungworms: Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (adult and immature).
- Intestinal Threadworms: Strongyloides westeri (adult).
IMAX GOLD Liquid is also effective for control of skin lesions caused by Habronema and Draschia spp., cutaneous larvae (summer sores), and Onchocerca spp. microfilariae (cutaneous onchocerciasis).
The recommended dose is 1mL IMAX GOLD Liquid per 50kg liveweight. ie a 500kg horse would require a 10ml dose.
Safety of Horses:
IMAX GOLD may be used in horses of all ages including mares at any stage of pregnancy provided normal care is taken in handling. Stallions may be treated without adversely affecting their fertility
|Active Constituents||Ivermectin, Praziquantel|